Happy New Year!!! Big news! Charleston Wedding Week is January 23-28! Previously a part of Charleston Fashion Week, the Charleston Wedding portion has transformed from a little one-day event to now a whole week of wedding gowns, veils, cake, and more!!
In anticipation of the big week, we have a few guest bloggers from the wedding indusstry that will share their wisdom with you in the weeks leading up to Wedding week!
The first in our series is Heather Molnar, a fabulous hair stylist at Strawberry Blonde Salon in Charleston, SC. Okay, enough gabbing...read below and take notes!
5 Steps to Perfect Bridal Hair
I understand planning a wedding can be stressful, so I’m here to help ease your mind when it comes to your bridal hair! My name is Heather Molnar and I am a stylist at Strawberry Blonde Salon in Charleston, SC. Our salon LOVES weddings! So much so that we have a Bridal Team dedicated to serving brides in the Low Country. We can accommodate you and your bridal party in salon or on site to ensure you have a relaxing, stress-free experience. Now, let’s jump into the 5 Steps to Perfect Bridal Hair!
1. You want your hair to look smooth and shiny for your wedding day. The best way to ensure your hair is in great condition is to implement weekly conditioning treatments. My recommendation is Bumble and bumble’s Quenching Masque for dry, thirsty hair or Bumble and bumble’s Mending Masque for hair that is chemically compromised. When it’s time for your treatment, shampoo regularly and towel dry hair enough so if you squeeze it no water comes out. Apply a quarter size amount of masque to your mid lengths and ends then comb through. Leave masque on 10-20 minutes and rinse with cool water. Repeat process once a week.
2. Schedule a trial run for two months prior to your wedding day. Come prepared with looks you’re attracted to, as well as looks you absolutely do not want. Your stylist can evaluate your face shape, hair texture, density, and dimension to help find the best combination of what you like and what will look best on you. I recommend trying to find photos of styles with the same color hair as you have to get a better idea of what it will look like on you. Be honest with your stylist, if you’d like something to look different speak up! We want you to be happy with your hair and your trial run is the perfect opportunity to make adjustments.
3. Schedule your final cut and/or color for two weeks prior to your wedding day. This will ensure you hair will look fresh for your big day and will allow time to adjust tone if necessary. We suggest that you avoid any big changes to your color or cut right before. We want you to look like the best version of you!
4. Please show up with clean, dry hair for your appointment. Yes your style will stay longer with “dirty” hair, but your stylist will “dirty” it up for you! We like to add the right texturizing products for your hair and desired style. If your hair gets oily quickly we suggest it be washed the day of your appointment. If your hair does not get oily quickly, please wash it the day before. After washing, do not add product so your stylist can have a clean slate to work with.
5. Finally, wear your ChezBlanc bridal robe to your appointment! They are a stylish way to ensure your style won’t be messed up changing clothes. Plus, they will make your “getting ready” photos look stunning.
Happy Wedding Day!
Find us on Instagram! @hairbyheather.sbs @strawberrysalon
Visit our website to view bridal hair from the salon and wedding services provided. strawberryblondesalon.com