Horray, it's Charleston Wedding Week! In celebration of this much anticipated week, we are featuring an exciting guest blogger who is not only my friend but also a ChezBride! I asked Katie Whitmore to write a blog back in December, and basically said, I don't care what you write about because I know it will be awesome...just do it. I'm so excited to share her blog, I think you'll find it helpful and also a funny escape from your Wednesday work day. I hope you love it so much that you'll share it with your engaged friends! I know that I could have used these tips before I got married!
#noregrets: 5 Things I Wouldn’t Change About My Wedding
Like many brides, I dropped the ball on a few things on my wedding day (not packing shoes to wear while I got ready...forgetting to tell family to stay after the ceremony for photos) however there are a few things I would do the exact same if I had to do it over again.
1. Professional Getting Ready Photos: Sometimes this means working with your photographer to adjust timelines or spending a little more money, but I am so glad our awesome photographer started snapping pics bright and early. She and her husband not only captured some great moments but it was fun being able to see the guys getting ready (and by getting ready I mean drinking beer).
2. Leaving the Spreadsheets at Home: Even though I had an amazing pair of planners, I still had spreadsheets on spreadsheets on spreadsheets. They kindly told me that my spreadsheets will stay at home on the wedding day and they would handle the details. They were right, I left all my very important spreadsheets at home, they did their job and did it beyond well.
3. Trusting the Florist: After too many hours on Pinterest, I threw in the towel on flowers. I was overwhelmed, confused and over it. I gave our florist a budget and said have at it, just make our October 31 wedding look “Halloween but not Halloween” (helpful, right?). What she delivered was beyond my wildest dreams, and I am so thankful I put my trust in her and let her do what she does best.
4. My Bridesmaids Gifts: Since we were getting married in the fall, I knew I wanted plaid flannel so I sent an e-mail to the ladies of ChezBlanc asking how they felt about flannel. I anxiously awaited a reply from the fashionistas who make beautiful silk and lace robes, hoping they weren’t offended I asked for FLANNEL. They were 100% on board, got right to work et voila: a set of flannel robes for my bridesmaids that not only photographed perfectly but were comfortable, practical and something all of us wear on a regular basis.
5. Joining the Dance Party: After dinner, cake and chatting with our guests, Ryan and I found ourselves on the dance floor. Mark my words, there is something pretty awesome about being on a dance floor with your now husband, family and friends (a fun band doesn’t hurt either)! It was pure joy, and I am so grateful I embraced the dance floor with flailing arms.
A special thank you to all the vendors for their hard work, our friends and family for celebrating with us AND ChezBlanc for letting me be a blogger for a day!